In the lead up to Christmas, we’ve handed the reins of the blog over to someone many of you will know well, Modere’s Brand Manager of Health & Wellness Esha Dwight to share her views on a healthy approach to the festive season.
I love Christmas! The sun is usually shining, a few days break is on the way, you get to socialise more and catch up with family and friends that you possibly haven’t seen in a while. However the downside to this is that because you are going out more, it can be more difficult to be totally in control of your eating and drinking – which can impact on your body composition.
I could write a book on this (at this stage it’s a booklet which you can find here) however below are three of my favourite tips to help maintain your weight and to feel healthy and vibrant over the festive period.
Tip # 1: Take control!
OK, I’m going to be really direct in telling you what I recommend. The first thing I want you to do is order the following products. You can find all the product information along with fact sheets and usage details at the links below. However I have provided some key additional info.
- Carb Blocker – For best results take 3 capsules before your largest meal of the day especially if it contains pasta, bread or rice.
- PEP – A powerful thermogenic to boost the metabolism. Take 2 capsules before lunch every day over the Christmas period.
- Digestive Enzymes – Helps break down food for digestion and elimination.
- Protein Bar Chocolate Fudge – A great snack for when you’re on the run.
- Shake Pea Protein – Chocolate or Vanilla. A great high protein shake that doesn’t load you up with carbs.
Now, when you get these products I would like you to keep some at home as well as take some out and place into a nutritional dispenser. This way you can keep them in your bag to have on hand anytime.
Tip #2 Plan ahead!
- If you are going somewhere but you are not sure about your food choices, plan your solution well ahead of the occasion.
- If you know where you are going quickly google the menu and plan what you are having before you get there.
- Make sure that if there are only going to be ‘nibbles’ either eat a Protein Bar or have a Shake Pea Protein before you go.
- Entertaining guests at home is easy! Just make sure you make healthy clean choices for everyone. If stuck for ideas see the Modere Healthy Christmas Recipes
Tip #3 Be aware!
- Planning to drink alcohol? The ideal alcohol if you have to drink is vodka and plain mineral water with some added juice of a lime or lemon to taste. Don’t forget, hangovers can lead to overeating so if you drink champagne or wine, consider adding Purewine to reduce the effects of preservative-induced hangovers.
- It’s so important to keep the metabolism strong over the festive season and one of the things apart from taking PEP you can do is to snack twice daily in between meals. Keep some Protein Bars in your handbag and in your car. This will help you when you get caught out and need to eat something quickly.
- Keep hydrated during the day and drink at least 2 litres of filtered or spring water. Your body is mostly water and it is needed for lots of biochemical and physiological processes such as waste removal and detoxification, metabolism, blood circulation and body temperature. Don’t ignore the initial thirst sensation. Hunger especially sugar cravings can be a sign that your body is needing water so if you are hungry make sure you drink a glass of water first!
- Want to make weight loss a new year’s resolution? Start by reading this blog post!