With only 5 months to go until our Modere Escape in the beautiful bucket list destination of the Maldives, we wanted to make sure that all of our Achievers have the best experience possible. For those that have a layover at Changi Airport in Singapore, check out our tips on some of the AMAZING things you can do:
- Free Singapore tour – Complimentary tours around the city. They take in sites such as the Merlion, the Esplanade and the towering Marina Bay Sands.
- Movie theatres – Movie theatres in terminals 2 and 3 screen new releases, kids’ films and classics on an ever-changing schedule free of charge, 24 hours a day.
- Butterfly Garden – Changi Airport proudly proclaims the Butterfly Garden to be the world’s first butterfly habitat in an airport. The steamy tropical garden is full of lush flowering plants, a six-metre waterfall and about 1000 beautiful butterflies.
- Cactus Garden – Another unlikely nature-related exhibit at Changi Airport is the Cactus Garden, where visitors can explore a landscape of succulents from the deserts of the Americas, Africa and Asia – more than 100 of them.
- Swimming Pool – Pack a swimsuit into your hand luggage so you can practice strokes in the rooftop pool as you watch the planes landing and taking off. The Aerotel Airport Transit Hotel in Terminal 1 also has a poolside bar and spa, for your holiday-extending pleasure.
- Showers and spa – Break up a long-haul flight with a head-to-toe massage at Changi’s Wellness Oasis in Terminal 1. Let nimble fingers ease the tension of an eight-hour flight or prepare for sandal weather with a Fish Spa and pedicure.
- Nap time – Changi has free-to-use rest areas all over its three terminals. Stretch out full length for a snooze between flights.
- Sunflower Garden – Roam through a field of sunflowers atop the Transit Hall. The vitamin D can help ward off jet lag and, if nothing else, the sight of a cheery yellow sunflower makes everything seem a bit brighter.
- Enchanted Garden – Motion sensors trigger the Enchanted Garden so that it becomes a magical living, breathing world as visitors wander past. There are lighting displays underfoot, sounds and four giant glass sculptures filled with fresh flowers and ferns.
- Entertainment Deck – An Xbox Kinect room, MTV booth and PlayStation consoles can be found on the Entertainment Deck. And for anyone not game for gaming, there’s a cafeteria in which to while away the time.
- Orchid Garden – Orchids are rare and precious, though you wouldn’t know it at Changi, where there are more than 700 of the beauties on display.
- Hawker feast – Hainanese chicken rice, nasi lemak, laksa, kaya toast and kopi – if you missed out on any of the must-try dishes during a sojourn in Singapore, try them at Changi. Eighty restaurants and eateries are located in the various airport terminals and they cater to just about everyone. The Hello Kitty Orchid Garden Café has a menu of brunch dishes, afternoon tea and sweet treats such as sundaes, pastries and cakes; the Ippudo Express serves up the chain’s world-class ramen; and the 24Hr Food Gallery offers Singaporean delicacies at any time of the day.
- Raffles Long Bar – It’s kind of obligatory that you partake of a Singapore sling or two at Long Bar at the iconic Raffles hotel downtown. If, somehow, you missed out on this typically Singaporean experience, it’s not too late to try one at Changi’s own Raffles Long Bar located in the Wines and Spirits Duplex store
To everyone who is coming to the Maldives Escape. please note that there is NO welcome dinner or activities on the first night as a majority of the guests will be arriving between 10pm-12am. We will be hosting a Welcome Breakfast/ Welcome Dinner on the second day so this is when the real fun begins. When you arrive to Kani you will be welcomed with a big smile and maybe even a drink and then you can head to your rooms and relax after all the travel!
Although we host the Modere Escapes every year, we want to remind everyone that each year will be different to the rest. We have some exciting things planned and can’t wait to celebrate with you, see you in the clear blue waters!!